I have been busy looking at the CAD drawings of the windows made by Richie. I had hoped all the windows in the CAD drawings would be in the same scale. Alas, they are not. So what this does not afford me is the ability to look at each window and the grids/muntins/mullions and determine how the overall perspective.
I am assuming the drawings are good for the most part. I do have some questions, however.
Here they are:
1. What are the dimensions of the wood members which make up the muntins?
2. In the arched windows (Library, garage, stairwell) what is the actual configuration of the muntins in the arched section?
3. What is the hardware selection?
4. Do we want double hungs in the family room?
5. Do we need to change to casement in the bedrooms?
6. Revisit the window size in the library. How does the smaller window height look from the exterior?
7. Library windows. Selection of the location of the casement windows versus the fixed window.
8. What is the trim package like for the exterior of the house?
9 What is the overall cost with the new specs on the A windows versus the L windows?
Also, Bev had the contractor come out to the house. She tells me that some of the cast concrete might not survive removal. Therefore, we probably will lose the detailing around the garage window and the library window.
Finally, we agreed to move the door to the children's bath which will allow us to include a linen closet in their bath.